LAMBERTVILLE MUNICIPAL UTILITIES AUTHORITY
OPERATOR/ UTILITY PERSON: Lambertville Municipal Utilities Authority (LMUA), located in Hunterdon County, New Jersey is immediately seeking persons to fill one (1) full time position as an Entry Level Operator. This position includes weekend and holiday rotation, emergency call outs and overtime can be required at short notice. Applicants must have a valid NJ driver’s license in good standing, high school diploma or GED. Must satisfy employer paid physical, drug screen and criminal background check. Applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs. to shoulder height and be able to communicate in spoken and written English. Electrical and/ or mechanical experience desired. NJ Residency in accordance with the NJ Residency Law N.J.S.A. 52:14-7. LMUA offers an excellent benefits package that includes NJ State health benefits, pension (PERS), vacation and holidays. Continuing education is available for NJ DEP Treatment Systems Operators Licensing. LMUA is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit application, cover letter of intent and resume as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 31, 2019
OPERATOR/ UTILITY PERSON
Description: The Operator/ Utility Person of the Treatment Plant is responsible for assisting the Operations Supervisor (Supervisor) in the Operation and maintenance of the facility and will provide assistant to the other employees as required by the Supervisor or Executive Director. The following is an outline of the responsibilities associated with this support position:
- To assist in the day to day operation and maintenance of the plant and its equipment.
- To assist and support the other employees, when necessary, in the day to day functions of their jobs.
- This is an entry-level position. High School Diploma or Equivalence Certificate required.
- An ability to maintain a good relationship with his/ her co-workers, as well as good public relations with the public. Ability to learn the general principals of maintaining and operating a wastewater treatment plant is essential. Willingness to work under adverse (but safe) conditions and being able to perform his various duties with minimum supervision
- Perform routine daily tasks including, but NOT limited to the following:
- Withdrawing of primary and secondary sludge
- Grease removal
- Obtaining dissolved oxygen readings with portable D.O. Meter
- Washing down of tanks
- Pump station inspections
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. to shoulder height
- Performing all tasks in a safe manner by following all of the safety precautions/ procedures prescribed by the Executive Director and/ or the Operations Supervisor. As well as those safety precautions mandated by OSHA, The Right To Know Law, Confined Space Entry requirements and any other State or Federal laws which mandate specific safety procedures and/ or requirements.
- Maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Willing to go to school on your own time and have the ability to sit for State Tests.
- Ability to learn all lab requirements.